Powered by Flash MP3 Player
Friday, May 23, 2008

Clay Aiken's "On My Way Here" - Measuring The Gap Between the Critics and The Truth  


The ConClayve has done a lot of research in regards to the musicians and technicians involved in Clay Aiken's new CD "On My Way Here".

Here are two paragraphs. Be sure and hop over there and read the full blog.

The men performing with Clay in the "On My Way Here" video bear no resemblance to the Central Casting pop band in the “Invisible” video, as supplied by the director of that piece. These men have the look of people who have been around a while, and everything I could hear as I listened to the album revealed remarkable levels of musicianship. One of them, the guitarist, even looked a bit familiar to me, and I thought it was interesting that the pianist was allowed to sing on the CD.

The CD reviews were so at odds with the evidence of my own ears. On song after song, supporting Clay’s extraordinary voice, interpretive skills and growing artistry, I could hear some especially fine musicianship and the same kind of top-flight production that earned Kipper and Sting a Grammy for "Brand New Day" as Best Pop Album. (The single named --- and singularly talented --- Kipper, Aiken's
producer, has also worked with renowned jazz trumpeter
Chris Botti, among other leading musicians.)

http://conclayve.blogspot.com/


What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories