Powered by Flash MP3 Player
Saturday, August 30, 2008

Clay Aiken - Go The Distance - Treasured Video  

Clay Aiken - On His Way Here - Part Five

The song Clay is singing in this video is one of my favorites. It is from the Disney movie, Hercules.

Clay is going the distance and he is where he is meant to be.

What? - The Country Music Show, Where? - Dunn, North Carolina, When? - March 24, 2000.

Disney - I Can Go The Distance-Hercules Lyrics

I have often dreamed
Of a far off place
Where a hero's welcome
Would be waiting for me
Where the crowds will cheer
When they see my face
And a voice keeps saying
This is where I'm meant to be

I'll be there someday
I can go the distance
I will find my way
If I can be strong
I know every mile
Will be worth my while
When I go the distance
I'll be right where I belong

Down an unknown road
To embrace my fate
Though that road may wander
It will lead me to you
And a thousand years
Would be worth the wait
It might take a lifetime
But somehow I'll see it through

And I won't look back
I can go the distance
And I'll stay on track
No I won't accept defeat
It's an uphill slope
But I won't lose hope
Till I go the distance
And my journey is complete
But to look beyond the glory is the hardest part
For a hero's strength is measured by his heart

Like a shooting star
I will go the distance
I will search the world
I will face its harms
I don't care how far
I can go the distance
Till I find my hero's welcome
Waiting in your arms...

I will search the world
I will face its harms
Till I find my hero's welcome
Waiting in your arms
*To watch this video - mute the mp3 player in the side bar.* ---->

video

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



26 comments: to “ Clay Aiken - Go The Distance - Treasured Video


  •  

    Wow just wow
    He was amazing singing that.
    It was cute watching him swing his arms and tap his foot and throw his head back just like he does now.
    He was such a powerful performer even back then.
    again I'm loving these and I never saw them before.
    I hope you have more.
    A brilliant idea for your blog.

  • Anonymous

     

    Thank you for posting this video. I don't think I've seen this one before. Such a great voice.


  •  

    jbc4clay,

    Thank you for sharing this special performance by Clay Aiken, little known or forgotten by many.

    "Go the Distance" from Hercules via Clay's incredible pipes -- what a treasure!

    Caro

  • Anonymous

     

    This really is a treasure! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

  • Anonymous

     

    Clay sure does "Disney" exceptionally well. I hope that he gets an opportunity in the future to be part of a Disney production. He is building up his acting resume and God knows the man has pipes.

    Thanks for sharing this. I have not seen this before.


    ~emerson


  •  

    Wow! I really love your "On His Way Here" series of blogs. It is really great to see these early performances of Clay Aiken.


  •  

    One of the many things I love about Clay Aiken is when you hear him sing you know 100%, without a doubt, who it is. There is absolutely no "who is that? It sounds like this person, but it also sounds like someone else"

    Clay has a one of a kind voice, and an amazing voice it is.

    Thank you for sharing this with us.

  • Anonymous

     

    I think this video of Clay Aiken shows how great he has always been at entertaining. I love how he emotionally connects with a song like this.

  • Anonymous

     

    A million thanks for sharing this early Clay Aiken video!! His mannerisms have not changed very much which is endearing to see..

    ~Shycon

  • clayam

     

    The video did not play for me, but I have seen it before (I would have loved to see it again), but Clay Aiken's voice was magnificent even when he was so young.


  •  

    I had never seen/heard Clay Aiken singing this song. Thank you for this.


  •  

    Wow! Love this song and Clay Aiken singing it.

  • medusa

     

    Wow, I have never seen this before. Very impressive. Clay Aiken has a fabulous voice. Amazing range. Thank you for sharing the video.

  • Anonymous

     

    Still the same Clay Aiken. Superb. He has always had so much talent!!

  • whatnot

     

    I'd never seen this before. It gave me chills. He had such a powerful voice even back then. And the lyrics seem somewhat prophetic. I have no doubt that Clay Aiken will go the distance.

  • Kim

     

    OMG...I love Clay Aiken singing this - it gave me chills too..

    Thank you for posting this!

  • Anonymous

     

    Clay Aiken has a voice like no other. I could listen to him sing all day long!!


  •  

    "Go the Distance," when sung by Clay Aiken, is thrilling! I had never heard this before and I thank you so much for bringing it here! Clay was always a tremendous talent, and I am so glad that he has a bigger stage now so we can all enjoy his amazing voice and appreciate his heroic character. This song fits Clay so well.

  • Anonymous

     

    Clay Aiken blew the roof off with that song!

  • Anonymous

     

    Loved hearing the audience reaction to Clay Aiken belting out that Disney song. I have heard that type of reaction at every concert of his.

    ~Shycon


  •  

    WOW! That was amazing! There is no denying that voice! Clay and his voice are one of a kind!

  • Anonymous

     

    I am so proud to be a Clay Aiken fan, he is so talented, and he keeps raising the bar when it comes to showcasing his talents. He not only can sing, he can act, he can dance, and he is a terrific stand up comedian.

  • Anonymous

     

    Great blog and I agree - Clay Aiken sings everyone else out of the water!

  • Anonymous

     

    Clay Aiken is a great singer. I wish he were on TV more.

  • Anonymous

     

    Can you believe that this guy had a collapsed lung when he was born!

    My goodness! Clay Aiken - incredible voice, just incredible.

  • Anonymous

     

    WOW!!! Another incredible performance!!! Go The Distance shows what a powerful range Clay has and what amazing control he has holding those long notes.. The man is a powerhouse.. thanks for these videos..