Powered by Flash MP3 Player
Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Clay Aiken - Copy/Paste Journalism  

Someone tell me, when has it become reputable for a news journalist or a blogger to use a source such as tweeter tweets or a tabloid article as fact?  Also - when has it become the standard for the world of journalism to only use a copy/paste system as reporting the news? 

A recent tweet mentioned that Clay Aiken, holding his son, was standing a few feet from them at AI.  From that tweet evolved a tabloid article saying that Clay was kicked out.  Now with the magic of the copy/paste system of journalism and each adding a little more flavor - there are quite a few articles with the mask of being REAL news and blogs with this same "spin/spin/cycle/and rinse" floating around the internet.  An exception is this blog.   Mj has a short audio interview from Justin Guarini regarding the rumors saying that he does not recall Clay being kicked out.  I do believe Justin would know.    mj's big idol blog

On another note - Clay had a wonderful blog at his Official Fan Club on the public side.  He is quoting Mother Teresa.   This is Clay's life.  Through all of the mud that has been slung his way, he continues to live his life for the good of man kind and an advocate for children with disabilites.
I could quote each of the lines below and expound on them, but I will let you read and ponder.  He is one intelligent man.

05/12/09

5/12/2009 

Love this

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

~Mother Teresa

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



51 comments: to “ Clay Aiken - Copy/Paste Journalism

  • Anonymous

     

    I thank you for the true story. The media seems to not care about that. Anything for a buzz. They don't care who they hurt. I wondered and I sure didn't think that sounded like Clay.


  •  

    It is a sad state of affairs when a person's reputation can be damaged by people who just want repeat hurtful stuff.

    The good thing about all of this is that the more brazen they become, the fewer people that believe the rumors and can see the agenda.

    Thank you for this timely blog!!!


  •  

    Thank you for putting some perspective on the recent media bash fest of Clay Aiken (although it makes American Idol look worse - like petty school children who hold a grudge and will do).

    I love the words of Mother Teresa, she was a wise and wonderful woman and Clay is a wise man for following her words.

  • Anonymous

     

    Thank you for the information. As SueReu said, Clay Aiken is a wise man.

  • Anonymous

     

    Many years ago I was on the career path to be a journalist - I would now be embarrassed for my profession.

    There is no such thing as true journalism any longer and lies & exaggeration are now considered the "truth"

    Too bad these same people don't spend their time reporting and commenting on things that truly matter in this world - be a part of the solution rather than feeding into everything that is wrong with our society.

    Clay Aiken is made of strong stuff and I admire him.


  •  

    Thank-you! Clay Aiken IS a very special person!


  •  

    Copy and paste, using twitter and blogs, using info from liars and fame ho's is part of journalism now. The 4th Estate? No more. It sickens me to see how Clay Aiken is attacked by media (even gay media), AI, and supposed colleagues who will say anything for $$. He is above it and has a conscience.

  • Anonymous

     

    Clay Aiken is a class act. A very talented man that I admire

  • dolly

     

    Thanks for your insightful blog.

  • Anonymous

     

    As Clay Aiken quoted Mother Theresa, "If you're honest and sincere, people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere, anyway."

  • Anonymous

     

    what katy said!!

  • Anonymous

     

    Clay always takes the high road. I am not sure I would be as big a person. The internet is the biggest bully in the world right now. Thank you for the blog and pointing out how one little statement can steam roll until it is nothing but a lie.

  • Pat

     

    Clay Aiken has more integrity in his little finger than ALL of the slimey media and scum bloggers of the world all rolled into one.

    He is one CLASS ACT and I am proud to call myself a fan of this talented, compassionate, and caring man.

  • Anonymous

     

    Some have said there was a conspiracy against Clay. I believe it now.


  •  

    Thank you for this wonderful blog.
    That quote from Mother Theresa describes how Clay Aiken lives his life.

    I wish I could ignore all of the crap that gets printed about him. I find it so hurtful.

    I am so proud of Clay Aiken and feel very lucky to be his fan.

  • Anonymous

     

    The timing of attacks on Clay Aiken is suspicious. Right as AI wants all the pr and want to be as those who make or break careers. Using devious tactics and smears and outright lies makes me ill.

  • lizzybutts

     

    What a great blog. What a classy guy Clay Aiken is. No wonder I love him! I am so very proud to be his fan!!!

  • angelclay

     

    Clay Aiken is a class act. Thank you for shedding some light on this ridiculous rumor and helping to expose the truth.

  • CLayskater

     

    This is a timely post. The one who looks bad at this time is AI, not Clay. I am sure that people in the industry see what is going on and AI gets some negative because of this

  • Anonymous

     

    There is no doubt that AI would like to stop Clay from doing anything. I don't know who or why this is being done to Clay, but it has been going on for awhile.

  • Anonymous

     

    Clay Aiken makes a difference for many children of the world. He walks the walk and talks the talk. Can others such as Ryan Meecrest say the same?

  • fgs

     

    Clay Aiken is a class act. Throughout all the crap that has been thrown his way he had never done anything to retaliate. He is true to himself and when he says he ignores he means it.

  • Anonymous

     

    Mother Theresa said, Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.Give your best, anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them.

  • raye

     

    I can't imagine that the incident as copied and pasted by so many really happened. Clay Aiken has many friends still at AI and wanted them to meet his precious son. The part about Adam is complete fabrication.


  •  

    Gee I smell a finale for AI season around the corner. Ridiculous! Thanks for clearing it all up. Hang in there Clay Aiken!

  • Anonymous

     

    I knew all that was lies about Clay Aiken. Good grief. Thanks for the real story.


  •  

    Clay Aiken has taken enough crap from AI and the media to last a lifetime! Why this good man has been smeared is beyond my comprehension! Clay has such a huge talent and more class than all of of them put together. It is very hard to sit by and see a good person such as Clay be taken down. But, in my heart I know he will prevail.


  •  

    Thank you for this blog. Clay Aiken is a class act and will come out on top. One day karma will get the evil people that spread lies and rumors. It will happen!

  • Anonymous

     

    Clay Aiken walks the walk every day of his life. An amazing talent, an amazing human. I hope my children have as much integrity when they are older (I also hope my children NEVER have to endure the crap that Clay has endured)

  • Anonymous

     

    Funny that all this is coming out when Clay is going to be on 30 Rock and the AI Finale is coming up. Timing is everything! I smell a rat!

  • Anonymous

     

    There's nobody like Clay Aiken in my book. He is in a class of hos own.


  •  

    They thought Clay Aiken's fans would leave him if they didn't promote him. We didn't. They thought they would leave him if they tried to humiliate him. We didn't. They thought they would leave him when he announced he was gay. We didn't. Now do they think we'd leave him when they start a smear and lie campaign? No we aren't leaving him.
    We are still Clay Aiken fans.

  • Anonymous

     

    I just don't understand what has become of journalism.
    Anything to make a buck I guess without having to work for it.
    Poor Clay Aiken has done nothing to deserve such treatment, except to try to be the best person he can be.
    Shame on American Idol, and the yellow journalists.

  • Beanblossom

     

    Amen!


  •  

    Clay Aiken is a class act. Sure can't say the same for today's journalists.

  • clayam

     

    Clay Aiken does not deserve to be treated like this by AI or the tabloids. He is a caring human being, and a father who only wanted to show off his son.

  • Anonymous

     

    I have watched journalism deteriorate to the state of garbage that it is now. What happened to any kind of responsible journalism? What happened to any pride in their profession? This has reached a point where the American people are without any reliable source for news of any kind. This silly entertainment stuff doesn't matter to most people, but this is the state of journalism in the hard news, too.


  •  

    I'm not altogether sure that A.I. is the evil behind all this crap. I think a simple twitter report that Clay visited the studio to show off Parker (a little guy well worth showing off) was enough for the tabloids to run with it and make up their own stories. A.I. happens to know that Clay is still a big draw and if I am not wrong, he had already split with 19E when he appeared on the A.I.5 Finale.

    I can't see where it would benefit A.I. in any way, shape or form to make up a story like this nor do I believe any of it to be true. That's JMHO.


  •  

    I am so tired of crappy tabloid like reporting by the media. The media has lost what little credibility they once had, over the past decade. Forget accurate reporting....it's all about getting hits on sites and $$$$.

    I truly wish we could get the media to have some integrity when reporting news. Clay Aiken is a man of integrity and it is so sad that he and other celebs have to deal with this tabloid type journalism.

  • Anonymous

     

    Journalism has deteriorated to the point that it can no longer be called journalism. I thought that that journalism was more than reporting news, it was supposed to be writing that required thought and research. What a sad world we live in where our articles are copy/pasted insertions of whatever can be found on the web with no thought or research involved.

  • Anonymous

     

    Clay's blog gave people uplifting words to live by. He is a wonderful, caring, intelligent person.


  •  

    Clay is a very wise man. He somehow manages to stay above all the crap thrown at him. I wish I knew how he does it. I just want to scream and yell and hit someone every time I see another unwarranted pile on.

  • Anonymous

     

    Thanks so much for this great blog and I certainly hope some of those so-called journalists spend some time reading it. They all need to take a step back and learn the word "Research"! I'm so glad Clay is a stronger person than I am, because I hurt for him whenever this garbage surfaces. He tries to comfort US, while he remains true to his beliefs. Thank God he came into our lives.

  • Anonymous

     

    Clay Aiken = integrity
    I'll be a Clay Aiken fan forever.

  • Anonymous

     

    I just appreciate Clay Aiken for being the man he is. His shoulders are broader than any many I know. How he does it, I'll never know, but he really amazes me.

    outback

  • Anonymous

     

    I don't believe a word of that rumor. Clay undoubtedly has many friends at AI behind the cameras.

  • Anonymous

     

    All I can say is Karma can be a bitch when it comes back to bite you in the ass!

  • Anonymous

     

    Yes, Karma's a bitch and I think she's Clay Aiken's bitch.


  •  

    Thank you for adding perspective to the recent media bashing of Clay Aiken.

    By posting the words of Mother Teresa in his latest blog, Clay proved once again that he is wise beyond his years

    Thank you for your kind remarks in the Carolina blog.

    Caro


  •  

    Thank you for this post. The bashers and liars show their true colours with their spewed garbage-lower than the bottom of a manure pile.

    Clay Aiken is a wonderful man. I'm proud to be a fan.

  • Anonymous

     

    I love seeing this topic being picked up all over today. It is an important message that needs to be read.

    Tabloids, warped minded bloggers have had their fun of hurting people for far too long and it's about time that those that believe the crap on a tabloid, find the truth. They won't find it on a hate blog or a tabloid that doesn't care about the truth.

    This topic is very important and I hope it continues until everyone has a chance to see it.

    Thank you!