Powered by Flash MP3 Player
Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Clay Aiken - Digital or Physical CD - Preference?  

The other night on one of the message boards that I belong to, a conversation ensued with regards to books and music. It was mentioned that there are not that many music stores anymore.


Beginning in the 2000's, popular fixtures in American malls like Sam Goody, Musicland, and Camelot began to vanish. Other larger venues, like Wherehouse Music, began closing their doors too. Perhaps the biggest shock came in 2004 when retail giant Tower Records filed for bankruptcy, and in 2006 it was announced that all 89 American outlets would be liquidating and then closing.
I do like to have a physical CD in hand. I love the experience of openning the wrapper and peeling the security tape off the edges. I do download the same tunes for my mp3 player and make a CD copy to just play in my car or home player and save the original.

Books also come in to play now that a reading device called Kindle is available from Amazon.

The Kindle Store: More Than 300,000 Books

At Amazon, we've always been obsessed with having every book ever printed, and we know that even the best reading device would be useless without a massive selection of books. Today, the Kindle Store has more than 300,000 books available, plus top newspapers, magazines, and blogs. This is just the beginning. Our vision is to have every book ever printed, in any language, all available in under 60 seconds on Kindle. We won't stop until we get there.

Whether you prefer biographies, classics, investment guides, thrillers, or sci-fi, thousands of your favorite books are available, including 109 of 112 books currently found on the New York Times® Best Seller list.New York Times Best Sellers and most new releases are $9.99, and you'll find many books for less.


My sister has been downloading some books off the internet in mp3 form and listens to them when she walks. She also checks out books on CD from her library and listens to them when she travels

This is all now and more in our future. What is this going to do to the Music Labels and Book Publishers? When you go to the local Best Buy or WalMart, will you be able to go to a shelf and pick up your favorite music or go to Borders and find the next Best Seller? I don't know.

What does this all have to do with Clay Aiken?

Well, he is an author of a best seller - Learning to Sing, Hearing the Music in Your Life.
It is available for Kindle.

He is a multi-platinum recording artist. His songs are also available in digital format as you can see below.

What is in Clay Aiken's future? Will we have that CD to hold in our hands or will we have a book with pages to turn? Only time will tell. Just so long as we have his music or another book down the line, I will be happy no matter what form they come in.


Song TitleAlbumTimePrice
listen1. InvisibleMeasure Of A Man4:05$0.99Buy Track
listen2. Bridge Over Troubled WaterBridge Over Troubled Water/This Is The Night3:59$0.99Buy Track
listen3. This Is The NightBridge Over Troubled Water/This Is The Night3:32$0.99Buy Track
listen4. Mary, Did You KnowMerry Christmas With Love3:20$0.99Buy Track
listen5. The Real MeOn My Way Here4:38$0.99Buy Track
listen6. On My Way HereOn My Way Here4:29$0.99Buy Track
listen7. Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest WordA Thousand Different Ways3:45$0.99Buy Track
listen8. Here You Come AgainA Thousand Different Ways3:32$0.99Buy Track
listen9. A Thousand DaysA Thousand Different Ways4:28$0.99Buy Track
listen10. Lonely No MoreA Thousand Different Ways3:27$0.99Buy Track
listen11. These Open ArmsA Thousand Different Ways3:27$0.99Buy Track
listen12. The WayMeasure Of A Man4:06$0.99Buy Track
listen13. O Come O Come EmmanuelAll Is Well - Songs For Christmas3:37$0.99Buy Track
listen14. Something About UsOn My Way Here3:40$0.99Buy Track
listen15. Christmas WaltzAll Is Well - Songs For Christmas2:59$0.99Buy Track
listen16. Because You Loved MeA Thousand Different Ways4:43$0.99Buy Track
listen17. Measure Of A ManMeasure Of A Man3:59$0.99Buy Track
listen18. Where I Draw The LineOn My Way Here4:23$0.99Buy Track
listen19. Broken WingsA Thousand Different Ways3:58$0.99Buy Track
listen20. SolitaireThe Way/Solitaire5:28$0.99Buy Track
listen21. As Long As We're HereOn My Way Here4:42$0.99Buy Track
listen22. I Survived YouMeasure Of A Man3:33$0.99Buy Track
listen23. I Will Carry YouMeasure Of A Man3:44$0.99Buy Track
listen24. My Grown-Up Christmas ListAll Is Well - Songs For Christmas4:57$0.99Buy Track
listen25. SolitaireMeasure Of A Man5:27$0.99Buy Track
listen26. All Is WellAll Is Well - Songs For Christmas3:58$0.99Buy Track
listen27. The WayThe Way/Solitaire4:08$0.99Buy Track
listen28. On My Way HereOn My Way Here (single)4:29$0.99Buy Track
listen29. Everything I Do (I Do It For You)A Thousand Different Ways4:00$0.99Buy Track
listen30. O, Holy NightMerry Christmas With Love3:35$0.99Buy Track
listen31. Without YouA Thousand Different Ways3:34$0.99Buy Track
listen32. Run To MeMeasure Of A Man3:35$0.99Buy Track
listen33. No More Sad SongMeasure Of A Man3:59$0.99Buy Track
listen34. AshesOn My Way Here3:43$0.99Buy Track
listen35. FallingOn My Way Here3:25$0.99Buy Track
listen36. Merry Christmas With LoveMerry Christmas With Love4:04$0.99Buy Track
listen37. When You Say You Love MeMeasure Of A Man4:07$0.99Buy Track
listen38. TouchMeasure Of A Man3:52$0.99Buy Track
listen39. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?Merry Christmas With Love3:03$0.99Buy Track
listen40. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)Merry Christmas With Love2:36$0.99Buy Track
listen41. Sleigh RideMerry Christmas With Love3:00$0.99Buy Track
listen42. Everything I Don't NeedOn My Way Here4:29$0.99Buy Track
listen43. Sacrificial LoveOn My Way Here4:12$0.99Buy Track
listen44. Grace Of GodOn My Way Here3:35$0.99Buy Track
listen45. Lover All AloneOn My Way Here4:57$0.99Buy Track
listen46. Weight Of The WorldOn My Way Here3:44$0.99Buy Track
listen47. Don't Save It All For Christmas DayMerry Christmas With Love4:33$0.99Buy Track
listen48. Every Time You Go AwayA Thousand Different Ways4:08$0.99Buy Track
listen49. Hark The Herald Angels Sing/O Come All Ye FaithfulMerry Christmas With Love4:00$0.99Buy Track
listen50. Have Yourself A Merry LIttle ChristmasMerry Christmas With Love3:27$0.99Buy Track

Showing 1 - 50 of 58 MP3 Songs« Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next »

All MP3 SongsShowing 51 - 58 of 58 MP3 Songs
Sort by
Song TitleAlbumTimePrice
listen51. Joy To The WorldMerry Christmas With Love2:13$0.99Buy Track
listen52. Perfect DayMeasure Of A Man3:53$0.99Buy Track
listen53. Proud of Your BoyDisneymania 32:18Album Only
listen54. Right Here WaitingA Thousand Different Ways4:19Album Only
listen55. ShineMeasure Of A Man4:10$0.99Buy Track
listen56. Silent NightMerry Christmas With Love2:17$0.99Buy Track
listen57. When I See You SmileA Thousand Different Ways4:24Album Only
listen58. Winter WonderlandMerry Christmas With Love2:49$0.99Buy Track

Showing 51 - 58 of 58 MP3 Songs« Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next »


What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



20 comments: to “ Clay Aiken - Digital or Physical CD - Preference?


  •  

    Personally, I prefer digital - but I'll take Clay Aiken any way I can get him!!!

    Wonderful blog!!! Thanks for the information.


  •  

    Wow, jbc!! Thanks for the complete listing of Clay Aiken songs available in various formats. Great blog.

  • PaulaBear

     

    I like digital too!! I like the instant gratification of going to iTunes at the stroke of midnight and being able to play a new Clay Aiken CD a few minutes later. But then, by the next morning, I'm in the stores buying a CD off the shelf as well!!

  • lulu

     

    I like digital, but also like having the physical cd in my hands,but I'll take Clay Aiken's music any way I can get it!


  •  

    I'm a digital kind of gal, soooo I have everything that Clay Aiken has put out, digital, but I also have the physical cd's.

    I've been listening to digital books for about as long as they have been out, great for travel or just listen and play card games, or whatever.. love them, they bring a whole new level to your listening pleasure, as does Clay Aiken!!


  •  

    Great blog JBC. Thanks for the list of Clay Aiken music.

    I like digital music, but I also like the physical CD too.

  • Anonymous

     

    Physical! As with anything Clay, I'd prefer it be physical ;-)
    I really like having that CD to hold and look at. of course, I;d love to have Clay Aiken to hold and look at also.

  • Anonymous

     

    I used to think I would never get past loving to hold the album cover and liner notes -- yes, from VINYL albums, that is --- when music switched to cassettes and then CDs. But, I did move on and change, so I fully expect I will adapt to electronic too. Just gotta back up that Clay music so it is NEVER lost!

  • chel4clay

     

    I didn't even know what "Kindle" meant until I read it here. I'm still on the fence about this stuff, but I'm sure if Clay is involved and that's the only way I can get his music, I'll do it. Great blog, I learn so much for you ladies.


  •  

    jbc4clay,

    Thank you for the digital update! I have a friend who never leaves on a long trip without tapes of several books.

    Your blog is a great source for Clay Aiken downloads -- music and books. Thnx for the info.

    Thank you, too, for your kind remarks in the Carolina blog. Have a great week!

    Caro

  • Anonymous

     

    No new Clay Aiken CD yet??
    I'll keep checking!!

  • Jody

     

    Thank you for the incredible list of Clay Aiken songs!!!

  • Wilee

     

    I love your blog, but I really like coming over here to hear Clay Aiken singing JUST YOU!!!


  •  

    I for one love having a hard copy of Clay's CD's and his book. There's just something special holding them. BUT, I also enjoy the digital versions of everything..so my vote would be keep them both!

    Great blog!

  • Sue

     

    I STILL say be prepared for the digital take over!!!!!

    I don't honestly care, as long as Clay Aiken's voice is involved I'm a happy camper :D

  • fgs

     

    I've read that the ability for people to just d/l single songs is what has hurt CD sales for most artists. I remember d/l the CD immediately after our CD release party even though I had just purchased one at the store. I like to make copies for the car rather than use the original.


  •  

    JBC............interesting blog. I do believe that the future is digital and that CD's will be gone soon!!

    Thank you for the information.


  •  

    3nd try.

    Love the blog and info. Still like the hard copy with the pictures, but when I decide to go digital, I'll come here.

    Also the music is great.

  • Sooze

     

    Thanks for all the great information and all the links to Clay Aiken songs!


  •  

    I'm almost embarrassed to admit I have no MP3 player, no IPOD and never heard of a kindle till I read about it being discussed here and on a few message boards. I'm hopelessly behind the times. I guess at some point, I'll HAVE to get in modern times, but until then, I want that CD or that book in my hands! LOL

    Clay Aiken is the only one that can give me the incentive to modernize - but only when I have to! LOL