Powered by Flash MP3 Player
Monday, March 21, 2011

The Wisdom and Wit of Clay Aiken  

This is a blog that I have wanted to do for ever so long.


Over the years we have heard many statements Clay Aiken has made in his interviews, on his blog and during concerts that were very profound, thought provoking and were on the other hand - down right side splitting. I spent hours the last few days reading on the internet - going from one site to another collecting these jewels.

See if there are any that you remember, where they were from and what the content of the situation was. I picked up a good many, but there are more out there.



The Wisdom -

"Use your voice."

"To me, singing is the most joyous thing a person can do."

"What I know today is that irrationality doesn't respond to irrationality"

"Success is not about being famous, it is not about being rich, it is about being happy. You are only as successful as you are happy."

"Not many people can deal with the scrutiny of bullshit"

"Not everybody gets a mic this big. I feel I should use it in as positive a way as I can."

"The greatest glory never comes from winning, but from rising each time you fall. A person is defined by what he chooses to do with his life, not by what happens to him."

"I'm really not that special. Really, I'm not. I was on a big TV show, but it was just a TV show."

"There are 120 million kids in the world right now who don't go to school. Who have no education - who have no access to education."

"It's important that I make a difference in some way. It's not necessarily how I make a difference, but I want to make sure that I do."
"What comes out of this is what God wants to happen."

"In my ideal world, no child would suffer. Charitable instincts would prevail. There would be global acceptance of all different types of people."

"I'm not different. I'm not different at all. The wrapping is different but the gift is still the same."

"I went to school for special education. I always assumed when I had the opportunity I would love to try and help kids with disabilities."

"I want to make sure that no matter how long I go through this, I don`t fall into the trap of changing and modifying how I do things that aren`t a positive example. I want to remain somebody that the entire family can listen to or watch."

"I think I probably hoped for it a little bit, but I`m not an optimist. I`m a realist... or maybe even a pessimist."

"It's not the money. It's not the fame. It's the influence."

"...as long as you're living right, then you don't have to worry about what people see."

"I'm religious. I think this is something God had planned for me."

"It's important that I make a difference in some way. If it's performing and touching someone that way, that's great; if it's being a teacher and helping some kid understand something, that's even better..."

“Pain happens to everyone. To grow up, to fulfill your potential, to develop into what God wants you to be--this process takes support. No one succeeds alone.”
“My mother taught me that we all have the power to achieve our dreams. What I lacked was the courage.”

“A song is like a smile. If you meet people from another country, even if you don't speak the same language, you know what a smile means. A song works the same way. Music produces feelings that need no translation.”

"And I think that when I finally decided to let go and let God and allow that to happen, I became a lot more successful than I could have done if I had planned it all myself."

“All done, darlin."

“You don't have to be around people you are related to be with family.”

“I believe God has a plan. God has a direction for me. He may put me on a few detours, but the path with ultimately reveal itself. My job is to be a decent human being no matter how rocky the road gets.”

“I spent years and years in middle school getting picked on, so I'm kind of used it.”

"You know, I think I`m a stronger person for realizing that you can`t make everybody love you."

"I think there is a predisposition among Christians that Hollywood is anti-Jesus or anti-Christianity. I was warned I'd have to fight to maintain the freedom to express my beliefs. It's an unfair stereotype, and so far that's been the farthest from the truth. While everyone I work with may not share my beliefs, I have been surrounded by nothing but support."

"Well, there are certain words and emotions I don`t want kids hearing, and I`m not changing because they think it`s going to sell better. This is going to sound horrible, but I got 12 million votes doing what I did."

"I think celebrities have an obligation to the public to not just sing or act."

"I sometimes think I might be autistic because I like to know - I need to know - my beginnings and my ends. I don`t have to be in control of it, but I need to know what`s going on."

"I mean, that`s kind of what this business is about in some ways. You`re trying to make everybody like you. But you can`t do that. You can`t force everybody - anybody to like you if they`re just not willing to do it."

"I know this is going to sound cheesy and like I`m trying to be Miss America, but the most important responsibility a celebrity has is to set an example and be a role model."

"And I don`t think that success can be measured by how many TV shows you`re on."

"There is no better exercise for strengthening the heart than reaching down and lifting people up...The Bubel/Aiken Foundation is the culmination of that realization. It is my purpose now. It is the why of me."

"I cannot raise a child to lie or to hide things. I wasn't raised that way, and I'm not going to raise a child to do that."

"The smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention."

"A song is like a smile."

"If my career detour from special education to singing has done one thing, it has afforded me the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others."

"I don't think I gave anybody a reason to bully. The thing about bullies is if you show them that you're intimidated and you're upset by them, they're gonna keep doing it. I'd be, "Forget you, then" and walk away. I don't let things get under my skin as much as some people do."

"I believe that in every life there is a song to be sung."

"There are stars out there who would die to have this much exposure"

"The key is not to try so hard. Always maintain the root of who you are and stick to that."

"Singing in front of a stadium of fans is wonderful, but it pales in comparison to being embraced by a child."

"It's about damn time!"

"Kids without disabilities learn a lot from kids with disabilities. They are so many things that are so much bigger than what to wear each day. I don't feel sorry for children with disabilities. I feel excited for them for the opportunities that they have"

"When it comes to getting through life, laughing at it sure beats crying. Im a laugher."

"I got bullied plenty. I still get bullied. Some of your peers, the media – the press doesn’t have a problem bullying me, either."

"Thank you."

"Kids get cyber-bullied all the time, and I think there needs to be more attention drawn to that type of thing, too. We just need as a people to stop being jerks."

"Giving up is not an option."







"She won't move the camera - in order to acknowledge that I am talking to her. Can you zoom in to see what is in my eye?"








The Wit -

"I'm never wrong, people"

“Perfection takes time, honey!”

"I know your words."

"They will be locked!"

"I have my own Nation."

"God forbid the clack skip around"

"I`m being trained to shake the bon-bon appropriately."

"After I sang 'Somewhere Out There,' Simon said, 'You're the one to beat.' Getting a compliment from Simon is like getting water out of a rock."

“I embrace the Nerd.”

"Talk amongst yourselves."

"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme."

"Oh My God, I'm funny!"

"So, in essence - you're stealing the concert."

"You need another fact checker."

"Breathe for me, honey!"

“He hit me with his cane!”

"She didn't have the balls to send me the letter."

"I'm fine and have taken steps to prevent any foot wandering in the future."

"Sometimes things come out of my mouth that don't even go through my brain!"

"Don't flash me, hmmm - that works either way."

"Apparently, you have more fans than I do!"

"I'm not talking to you!"

"The red light ain't on! Ah oh, Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, OK it's back! Whew! Scared me to death!"

"I could have a degree in music and come on the show, and Simon could still say 'You stink'."

"Actually, I don't hate cats, I'm just kind of afraid of them."

"I don't see a coin slot. I don't think this is a juke box."

"..... if you're not a card carrying member of this 'cult', then you don't know, there is some crazy stuff happens."

"..... couple that with my sheer animal magnetism ......."

"Please don't flip me."

"I'm clearly the king of confedence, when you've got all this, what is there not to be confident about."

"There's a book you should read."

"You can return to your delightful shenanigans"

"You know, there is a magazine you should read."

"Arguably, there's some shift toward drinking songs and check-you-for-ticks type songs, but for the most part it's about the melody and the lyric and I grew up with that."

"I know that the power of truth and living honestly is very liberating. So what the hell took me so long?"

"No, but I will pat you on the head and give you a
cookie."




Add to the list if you like! I have really enjoyed putting all of this together! Hope you enjoy reading it as well!

---------------------

Want more Clay Aiken info? Visit these blogs - Carolina on My Mind and Clay Aiken News Network.





Technorati Tags:

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



18 comments: to “ The Wisdom and Wit of Clay Aiken


  •  

    That was so much fun!! One of my favorites was when he said "you can return to your delightful shenanigans" - only Clay LOL!!!

  • claniac24

     

    I SO enjoyed reading (and in many cases, re-reading) these wonderful Clayisms. Thanks for putting them all together for us. Isn't our guy the VERY BEST!


  •  

    This was fun to read...Thank you so much... Clay's a good man. He tries his hardest to do the right thing... He sure has a good foundation. I think we can all see what kind of person he is..We sure picked a winner!

  • joanie

     

    Love these comments, Someone should write them up in book form.

    One of my recent favorites is "There's a book you should read."


  •  

    "you can return to your delightful shenanigans"
    "There's a book you should read."

    I knew there were more!

    Thank you Sue and Joanie!

    I will go add them right now!


  •  

    Thanks for this fun blog. I love reading all the quotes! Clay really knows his fans!!!


  •  

    oooh, I thought of another one!!! Recent Q&A from Greenville Metromix. Clay was talking about Country Music and gave us this gem:

    "Arguably, there's some shift toward drinking songs and check-you-for-ticks type songs, but for the most part it's about the melody and the lyric and I grew up with that."

    ^^ I read that one to my DH and he said Clay should get into writing more - he has a great way of expressing himself that's funny and down to earth.


  •  

    jbc4clay,

    What a great read and excellent resource for future reference! *g*

    Thank you for this blog and for linking the Carolina NJU entry.

    Have a wonderful week, Clay Nation!

    Caro


  •  

    Okay, I lied (well, not really) I do have one more..... From the Journal Gazette, Ft. Wayne, Indiana:

    "Kids get cyber-bullied all the time, and I think there needs to be more attention drawn to that type of thing, too. We just need as a people to stop being jerks."


  •  

    Sue - you are doing good! You don't have to stop! :)

  • claysweetea

     

    Thanks for a trip back in time with all these Clay quotes. He is so delightful!

  • clayam

     

    We have a gem of an Idol and a human being in Clay Aiken don't we?
    I feel sorry for the people who do not know the wisdom and the wit of this man.


  •  

    I agree with the poster who said this could be the basis of a book. Yes, a Clay Aiken book!!


  •  

    I will add, "Giving up is not an option."

    Loved reading all of the Clay Aiken quotes. So many time I find myself thinking of "his words"! I hope he knows how much his words mean to all of us.


  •  

    I really enjoyed reading your blog jbc! Clay is wise beyond his years, and funnier than any comic out there today! It's his natural charm and wit that is so endearing and I wish more people knew what a wonderful talented funny person he is. Thanks again!


  •  

    Thank you everyone for the adds. They are great!

  • Anonymous

     

    Great idea for a blog!

    Another one of my favorites:

    I know that the power of truth and living honestly is very liberating. So what the hell took me so long?

    Copingincalifornia

  • mrbaconclayaiken17

     

    Really enjoyed reading all of Clay's quote on your blog JBC. Your whole blog was super cute and fun to read, thanks for writing it.

    *Sonya*