Powered by Flash MP3 Player
Friday, May 09, 2014

Clay Aiken - Giving Back and Using His Voice  

I have not been able to keep up with my blog during Clay Aiken's new direction.  He told his fans that he was not going anywhere.  BUT he did not tell us this detour was going to be a road map to Washington.

In the back of my mind when I first started following Clay, I saw that he cared about people and saw that he was dedicated to helping children with disabilities.  Reading the book he wrote - Learning to Sing, Hearing the Music in Your Life - I could see that this could be his future.  That he wanted to make a difference, he wanted to give back.  

In February of 2003, he and Diane Bubel started a foundation for children with disabilities to be included with their non-disabled peers.  The National Inclusion Project has programs in 35 states.  Using his voice.  Giving back.

He was able to give back when he was appointed an ambassador for Unicef in November of 2004.  They sent him to Banda Aceh, Uganda, Kabul and Bamyan in Afghanistan, Mexico, Somalia and Kenya over the course of 4 years.  Using his voice.  Giving back.  

I just touched on a couple of ways that Clay Aiken has been using his voice and giving back.
I didn't mention him speaking in Washington in 2010  with regards to bullying.  

In one blog I did a couple of years back was entirely quotes that he has made.  Many profound, many funny - but the one that he has repeated and is constant in his life has been - Use Your Voice.  He is now on this journey using his voice.  He wants to be a voice for District 2 of North Carolina.  He does not care what political affiliation a person has, he wants to be a voice for all in his little corner of North Carolina. His home and his heart.



(WTVD-ABC11 Stream)




Technorati Tags:






What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 comments: to “ Clay Aiken - Giving Back and Using His Voice

  • Deb

     

    Love your new blog jbc. It says perfectly what Clay Aiken is all about - using his voice and giving back. It's going to be an interesting and exciting six months ahead as he runs for Congress. I'm going to enjoy it and hold on tight! :-)


  •  

    I'm so proud of Clay! He said he wanted to make a difference when we met him on AI 11 years ago and he's a man of his word! I can't wait until he is officially declared the winner of the primary so he can go on to the next phase of his journey. Good luck Clay!!


  •  

    I too can't wait for his "confetti moment" He so deserves it! Love the blog!!


  •  

    The last few days have been difficult waiting for Clay to get the moment he deserves. I guess the waiting will make that moment all the more special. I think Clay will make a great Congressman and I hope that his uphill battle will only bring more people to support him.

  • claysweetea

     

    Clay has certainly used his Voice. I can't wait for this week and the new few months!

  • Anonymous

     

    Thanks for your blog jbc.

    Reading LTS again, and in the book Clay specifically says that he believes in a "Life of Service". He always has, and I guess always will. "Use Your Voice" has been his signature saying since day one....and now he is using his.... I could not be more proud of him for stepping up to the plate, and trying to make North Carolina better....

    I too, want Clay to have his confetti moment!!!!!